Updated Monday, September 01, 2014 11:54 PM
Wind: 3 mph
88° / 68°
87° / 69°
87° / 70°
88° / 70°
The keepers love sharing information about their animals. Kids (of all ages)
love watching them interact with their charges and learning more about the
special relationships they share and how the animals are cared for. Plan to
spend some time watching the animals during their feeding times.
Gifts and Snacks
Mill Mountain Zoo has a great gift shop offering a variety of children’s
toys, t-shirts, hats, artwork and souvenirs for you or to give as a gift to
someone special. All profits benefit the Zoo’s education and conservation
Zoo Choo Rides
The Zoo Choo is a miniature model G-16 train that operates daily at the Mill
Mountain Zoo and is sponsored by a grant from the Norfolk Southern Foundation.
Tickets may be purchased at the Zoo's gift shop for $2 per person.
The train leaves from the station every 30 minutes and follows a 16-inch wide
track around the Zoo. The train makes two laps around a track that is more than
1000 feet long. You'll see different views of Mill Mountain, Zoo animals, even
travel through an animal-themed tunnel!
Zoo Choo train runs, weather permitting. We suggest you call
Mill Mountain Wildflower Garden
Please help us keep our animals and guests safe by following our suggestions.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Zoo.
- Straws are not allowed for the animals’ safety.
- The animals are on special diets; please do not feed them anything.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Zoo (service animal owners must check in
with Zoo administration office.)
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades and rolling shoes are not allowed
in the Zoo.
- We do not issue refunds or rain checks.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
Open Daily 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Grounds close at 5:00 p.m
- $7.50 for adults
- $5.00 for children ages 3 to 11 years old
- Children age two and under are free
- 10% discount for seniors and military
- Zoo Members get in free
Questions and Feedback